Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition rebuild unusable local indexes does not run in parallel

I think this would be a way to do

1. You can define parallelism on table very low and do rebuild and after
that restore what you want again.
2. ALTER INDEX owner.indexname rebuild REBUILD PARTITION <partition name>
 NOLOGGING PARALLEL 8;
3  http://www.morganslibrary.com/reference/dbms_pclxutil.html

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM, <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes. The DOP is 8 on the table and 12 on the indices.
>
> What I noticed is that I can do
>
> alter session FORCE parallel ddl
>
> and that would result in my command running with DOP of 96. This however
> will probably take all the resources of the server.
>
> Thank you
>
> Eugene Gurevich
>

>             Harel Safra
>             <harel.safra@gmai
>             l.com>                                                     To
>                                       genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>             01/26/2010 01:42                                           cc
>             PM                        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                                                                    Subject
>                                       Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition
>                                       rebuild unusable local indexes does
>                                       not run in parallel
>

> Just checking, you do have "degree" defined as greater than 1 on those
>
> Harel Safra
>
> On 26/01/2010 17:43, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I am running this under oracle 10.2.0.3:
> >
> > alter table OWNER.TABLE  modify partition P1 rebuild unusable local
> > ;
> >
> > The partition has 150-200M rows and three indices. All indices as well as
> > the table itself are partitioned either 8 or 12 ways, but the alter table
> > command seems to be only running in sequential mode (and takes over 10
> > hours).  Is there anyway run it in parallel?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Eugene Gurevich
> >

> > Please consider the environment before printing this email.
> >

> > --

> --

Thanks & Regards,
Taral Desai
Marie von
Ebner-Eschenbach<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/marie_von_ebnereschenbac.html>
- "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."