RE: AIX Concurrent I/O for Oracle archive logs

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 18:09:45 -0700

Hi Nuno, thanks for the information - we are already using large pages too on
one of our systems and planning to implement them on this one as well.  Do you
have any input regarding my specific question regarding archived logs - have
you ever placed them on cio file systems, or can you think of any reason why it
would be a problem?  We're running 9i in this case so we have to mount the file
systems with cio in order to use it.  Also, not sure if you've read this
updated paper (http://public.dhe.ibm.com/partnerworld/pub/whitepaper/162b6.pdf)
from Dennis Massanari, but it has some good information about using the newer,
easier to manage, 64K large pages instead of the older 16MB large pages.  I
haven't tested them out yet, but am planning to soon.  Have you had any
experience with it yet?

Thanks again,
Brandon