Re: AIX Concurrent I/O for Oracle archive logs

Hi Allen,

I think the document discusses about the block size of OS and block size of
database as well. If OS block size is greater than oracle db block size then
it should not be a problem I suppose. If it is revers is the case then it is
going give performance problem.
OS block size should be multiple of oracle db block size while installing db
usually I keep this ratio as 1:2 i.e. if my os block size is 4096 then my
oracle block size will be 2048. If I am going to use dbnk parameter then I
will have to think of my os block size so that none of the table space
having different bloxk size and hence performance will not get affected..use
of dbnk parameter is again a purely related to architecture and nature of
application being used.

in your case what is going to be control file, redo, archive log size for
which you want to use DIO/CIO.

thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY