RE: A special way of migration

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:26:01 -0400

Unfortunately, it's not a misinformation. With "consistent=y", you will have
SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY as the first statement in the export. What does
this statement do you can read for yourself in the manual. It wasn't an
overuse of sarcasm.
As far as logical backup goes, I would tend not to disagree, but it has
nothing to do with CONSISTENT=YES. This "read consistent export" can only
ensure consistency with respect to certain point in time if it builds a
read-consistent image of the database with respect to that point in time.
You have three guesses to guess which structures are used for building
such a consistent image.
So Mark, please read the fine manual before you accuse me of being overly
sarcastic.

--
Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121