RE: A brief doc on 10046 tracing

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>, "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:31:04 -0600

OOPS, broken now :)

-----------------
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Robyn
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:25 PM
To: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A brief doc on 10046 tracing

Juan,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but the boss has given explicit
instructions to keep it short and to the point.  I've been trying to
evangelize the team on a few of my favorite things (10046, LMTs,
uniform extents, consistent file system layouts, etc) and I'm
discovering that creating short docs that consolidate info from good
sources is the best way to sell the methods.  I want the docs short
enough that they can be absorbed quickly and referred to easily, plus
the evangelee no longer has to listen to me play database harpie.
And, if the issue re-emerges, I can hand 'em a piece of paper instead
restating my position one more time ...

And I do agree with providing examples.  I provided sample output
files from a tuning exercise completed last year along with this
document to my team mates.  Didn't send that part to the list -
probably breaks the confidentiality rule about making my employer look
stupid. :-)

Robyn

On 7/21/05, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Robin,
> I would like to shares this thought with you, and helpme understand.
> I think I have to apologize becaues the fact that a metalink note, is
> a metalink note.
> Your note is excellent as a metalink note.
>
> But anyway ...

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by