Re: A New Mailing List for Oracle Apps DBAs (If you are not Apps DBA please ignore this message)

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:33:04 -0700

Michael,

You quite right, I wasn't aware about lists you mentioned
(OAUGNetDBA@xxxxxxxx, dbsig@xxxxxxxxxxxx). I will join them
straightaway. Only reason for creating a new one was difficulty to
find existing lists.

I tried to GOOGLE for existing Apps lists, without significant success.
I have posted a message below on Apps OTN forums a week ago then.
Are there any good Oracle Applications forums or lists around?
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=384037&tstart=0

Since that date 125+50 people looked on that message and nobody
pointed me to the right direction.
During that time I found 10 more Oracle Apps DBAs who would like to
participate but weren't aware about already existing list.

I will point all DBA who would like to participate to the OAUGNetDBA OAUGNetDBA@xxxxxxxx list.

Can I ask to point me there Description of the mailing list located on
the OAUG site.
Are there instructions how to subscribe available?

Thank you in advance,
Yury

PS I believe OAUGNetDBA moderators (responsible persons/owners) have to think how to better advertise it.

On 5/9/06, dba@xxxxxxxxx <dba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You may not be aware of them, but there are already two mailing lists for
this area, the main list is OAUGNetDBA@xxxxxxxx and the OAUG Database SIG
an applications DBA, I would encourage you to join these lists (membership
in the OAUG is not required to participate in either list).

--
Michael Brown

--
Yury