RE: A How-To

  • From: "Burton, Laura" <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:16:18 -0500

Sorry everyone.

cppr:laurab> DESC deltek.GENL_UDEF
 Name                                                              Null?
Type
 ----------------------------------- -------- ------------------------
 GENL_ID                             NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 GENL1_ID                            NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
 S_TABLE_ID                          NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20)
 UDEF_LBL_KEY                        NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
 UDEF_TXT                                     VARCHAR2(30)
 UDEF_ID                                      VARCHAR2(20)
 UDEF_DT                                      DATE
 UDEF_AMT                                     NUMBER(14,4)
 MODIFIED_BY                                  NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20)
 TIME_STAMP                                   NOT NULL DATE
 ROWVERSION                                   NUMBER(10)
 COMPANY_ID                          NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)

Ok, this is the table.  The sample data is as follows:

GENL_ID                          GENL1_ID S_TABLE_ID
UDEF_LBL_KEY UDEF_TXT
------------------------------ ---------- --------------------
------------ ------------------------
UDEF_ID              UDEF_DT     UDEF_AMT MODIFIED_BY          TIME_STAM
ROWVERSION COMPANY_ID
-------------------- --------- ---------- -------------------- ---------
---------- ----------
012228                                  0 PR
9
                                    21.52 PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012228                                  0 PR
31 1430
                                          PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012228                                  0 PR
32 0D
                                          PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012228                                  0 PR
28 014257
                                          PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012228                                  0 PR
30
40                                        PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012228                                  0 PR
19
2ND                                       PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012229                                  0 PR
9
                                    20.43 PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012229                                  0 PR
19
1ST                                       PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012229                                  0 PR
28 014348
                                          PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012229                                  0 PR
32 4G
                                          PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

012229                                  0 PR
31 600
                                          PRCONSULT            19-MAY-05
0 1

Each record represents a certain piece of data, i.e. UDEF_LBL_KEY 31
represent Start Time; UDEF_LBL_KEY 32 represents Overtime Project, etc.

So when I select from the table I get a row for each record.  What I
want is one row which each of the records listed as a column

Empl Id Start Time         Overtime Proj =20
012228     1430          0D
012228     600         4G

instead of=20

012228     1430          0D
012228     1430            0D
012229      600          4G
012229          600              4G

Is this more explanatory??  Let me know is more info is needed.