Re: 9iRel2 install on RHEL ES4

That's interesting. I've heard exactly the opposite from several folks,
including Werner. By ignoring the system prerequisites, you forego allowing
the installer to check for other important factors such as memory, swap,
disk space, etc. It seems to me that spoofing the installer while allowing
all other checks to be be made is a pretty good idea.
 The change is only temporary while installing Oracle. The original contents
are restored after the install, so no impact on up2date.
 John Smiley