RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:29:21 -0400

Brian,

We are still using the init file.  I just (right now) see no need to use the
spfile.  I like the init file as it is because I can put notes in it with
dates of prior values when a change is made.

I know you can do something close to this with the 'alter' commands.  But
there does not seem to be a benefit to it.  Because I can telnet to all of
my servers, the need for the spfile (and remote shutdown/startup) is not
really there for me.

Hope this helps.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional