Re: 9i RMAN restore to a different server with a backup from dataguard env

  • From: "Vitalis Jerome" <vitalisman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Prasad <p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:51:02 +0200

You can take it without using rman, directly with sqlplus:
alter database backup controlfile to '...';

You may have difficulties later with your new database since this is a
control file from a standby database though.

You're in a situation where an RMAN catalog would simplify the restore
operation.