RE: 9i RAC or 10g RAC ?

  • From: "Singh, Ratnesh (GEI, GEFA, Contractor)" <Ratnesh.Singh@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:29:45 -0400

I agree that tuning is the ultimate answer to all performance problems,=20
however , sometimes it so happens, as in our case, that the production =
application is being continously=20
changed for enhancements and additions at breakneck speed. Some =
misbehaving sql's do pass thro the filter at times,
and on those occasion, having extra unused cpu/ram gives you that extra =
couple of hours to fix the problem.

We have 2 months to test and prove that the linux/rac combination works =
on model, else we use the box for some other purpose,
and hang on to our Solaris boxes for dear life !!

thanks & regards
ratnesh=20