RE: 9.2.0.6 for win32

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:47:39 -0500

Donald,

A simple solution:

Go into the registry (local machine/software/microsoft/msdtc/mtxoci) and
change the settings for Oraclexalib, Oraclesqllib and Oracleocilib to
anything but the Oracle software.  Reboot the machine and then do your
Oracle install.  This will prevent these dll's from being loaded.  After
install, update these to the new versions (oraclient9.dll,orasql9.dll and
oci.dll).  Again reboot the machine to get these loaded and you should be
all set.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional