Re: 9.2.0.6 Optimizer issue

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richard.ignizio@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 09:20:49 -0600

Did the application upgrade touch the tables used in this query such
that they would have been dropped and recreated? This would wipe out the
predicate usage history on which "size auto" depends when deciding which
columns to collect histograms on.

You can validate that by checking table sys.col_usage$. Or simply
compare the statistics from before (you DO backup your statistics, don't
you) to now and see if some histograms went missing.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation