Re: 9.2.0.5 on Opteron

--- Todd Carlson <tcarlson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey List,

> Is anyone running the 64-bit Opteron with 9.2.0.5 on
> RedHat ES 3? Are there any issues with it?

> Thanks,

> Todd

Tried to.
HP could not supply a 64 bit driver for their
integrated RAID controller prior to the eval period
expiring. As it was an eval unit, I was not permitted
to de-cable it from the integrated RAID on main board
controller to the integrated ultra320SCSI controller.

It ended up being tested with w2k3 server on it.
32bit.
bugger. missed opportunity.

The new Sun Opteron-based Servers look good, and I'll
bet that they have 64 bit driver support.

I'm not terribly happy with HP these days.
(large sponsor of recent SCO conference).
Not having the best of luck with Dell Storage service
either. I'm definitely interested in Sun's new
offerings, but I hope that they are done sending
billions to Redmond.

not willing to separate politics from hardware
recommendations ... I vote - every time I recommend or
purchase a system.

Pd