RE: 9.2.0.4 buffer (sort)

How long does this typically take?  millions of times a week

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Gamble, Scott
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 11:07 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 9.2.0.4 buffer (sort)

The cartesian is not the problem I am comparing plans on 8.1.7.4 and =
9.2.0.4 both of which do the cartesian (which happens to be the fastest =
way to do this query).

     select tril_adjustments.unid, tril_adjustments.organization_id,
       TO_CHAR(tril_adjustments.start_date, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),
       TO_CHAR(tril_adjustments.end_date, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),
       tril_adjustments.object_name, tril_adjustments.pricing_type_id,
       tril_adjustments.amount, tril_adjustments.low_range,
       tril_adjustments.high_range, tril_adjustments.object_type,
       tril_adjustments.range_type
     from
      tril_adjustments, TRIL_JOINS_WRK j2, TRIL_JOINS_WRK j1=20
     where
       tril_adjustments.object_name =3D j2.join_text=20
       and j2.local_id =3D :1=20
       and j2.join_number =3D :2=20
       and tril_adjustments.organization_id =3D j1.join_text=20
       and j1.local_id =3D :3=20
       and j1.join_number =3D :4=20
       and tril_adjustments.start_date <=3D :5=20
       and tril_adjustments.end_date >=3D :6=20
       order by tril_adjustments.organization_id asc
 =20
 =20