Re: 9.2 trace file - row source operation and execution plan section

>Dear list,
>In a 9.2 trace file, there is two sections titled "row source operation" and
>"execution plan" after the SQL stmt. Sometime they showed the same plan but
>other times they are different. I am wondering what the plan under "row source
>operation" mean and why they can be different.
>Thanks
>Jos

looks like "explain" option is used in tkprof command. I believe "Row
source operation" is the plan _used_ by Oracle and "Execution plan" is
the plan generated after the fact. if the option "explain" is used in
the tkprof command, then it is going to generate the plan when the
tkprof command is executed and display it under "Execution plan". the
difference in plan may be because there is a difference in init
parameter value at the session and system level or may be the difference
in statistics.

hope that helps.

thanks.

senthil