  -materialized views over database links
  -Oracle 8.1.7
  -Solaris 2.9
  - .Net with ODP
  -Powerbuilder
  -Data Junction
  -Siebel
  -Cobol programs precompiled

  and are planning a migration from 8.1.7 to 10g.

  Where is the best place to look for gotchas:

  -database links
  -hints that have been desupported
  -Issues with .Net
  -Issues with Cobol precompilers
  -Performance concerns
  -migration path - direct migration or export/import????

  I am planning to clone production, give ample time to multiple development
teams to test this out.  I am planning to take sample queries generating
execution plans in both environments and traces.  I am planning a stress-test.

  -required PL/SQL changes

See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com.  Check it out.