Re: 8i on windows 2000 installation (legacy app)

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:17:55 -0700

On 9/21/06, Stephens, Chris <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been asked to port an 8i database from solaris to windows 2000. When trying to install the software and seed database, the install hangs on the net configuration assistant piece. ....and when I say hang i mean it just sits there (overnight!).

Copy the installation disk(s) to a drive.

Find and destroy all copies of symcjit.dll, and then run the
installar from the drive.

The Java used in the 8i OUI does not play well on some older machines.
Or maybe it was just Win2k, I forget which.

-- Jared Still Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist