RE: 8i Standby Media Corrupt Blocks

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:16:39 -0400

Okay, so logminer is problematic.

But you do have the change number, so look in the log_history to find the
relevant log. Then you should be able to "dump logfile" and see if
it is log file blocks corrupted, first locally, then on the standby server.
If you get a difference, it is something in the transmission.

If you're repeatedly producing log files that show corruption on dumping,
then you've really found something of interest, although I suppose
the interest may be muted somewhat because it is 8.1.7. Still, for regular
type database objects I've not seen a documented redolog bug since 6.0.33
or so.

Maybe someone else can help you get your Logminer environment running. Even
though that does seem to be a lot of objects in your dictionary, I would be
surprised if Oracle can't handle that. Then again, you're using a pretty old
version, so that might be where the problems come in.

Regards,

mwf