Re: 8.1.7.4 upgrade - 10g or 11

  • From: "Harish Kalra" <harish.kumar.kalra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:13:50 +1000

Peter, along with the CBO changes, there are other itmes that you must
consider before upgrading to 10g such as datababase users with CONNECT role
because there is no CONNECT role in 10g, timezones files are of higher
version in 10g so if you storing data with TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE then you
will have to migrate the data carefully. In 10g dblinks store the encrypted
passwords so you may need to recreate your dblink in 10g. If you read the
upgrade guide, all this is documented properly.

I would suggest to upgrade to 10.2.0.3 and apply the latest patches advised
in Critical Patch Advisory by Oracle.

Thanks & Regards