RE: 8174 32 bit to 9204 64 big

  • From: Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:19:03 -0500

>    I did not tie it to a specific error. When I found I could
> not export I
> started looking up the error messages I was receiving and
> found some notes
> related to export.

Dennis, this is both good and bad news to me. I am taking care of
60 or so development 9.2.0.1 instances and instead of 'proper'
approach (too long/ugly a story) I use daily export + gzip as
main/one and only backup 'strategy'. When I saw comment on your
9.2's export woes, it got me really worried, but now that I can
not point to a specific bug# (although relieved to a point) I
loose any hope to push company wide upgrade to latest patch set.
Unless I can point to 'smoking gun' I can not pull this
upgrade/patch trick. Small place where I work, but way too much
politics, overblown-out-of-place ego road blocks and other
unrelated internal limitations...  Nevertheless, thanks for pointer
and comments.

Branimir