From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ruth Gramolini
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 3:59 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: 8.0.5 on NT4 media failure

We have experienced a media failure on an 8.0.5 db on NT4.  This is an
old instance that no one who is hear now knows about.  Is there a way to
log into server manager and start the instance for recovery?  What
permissions does the NT user have to have to connect / as sysdba?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Ruth

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin