From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:20 AM
To: cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: rjamya; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

On 06/21/2005 08:17:38 AM, Marquez, Chris wrote:
> >>thought of seeing eye popping
> >>number of 'global cache cr requests'
> >>for a 64 node RAC gives me chills.
>
> My thoughts exactly!
>
> Chris Marquez
> Oracle DBA

There are two unholy words which Oracle sales people usually avoid when
talking
about RAC: functional partitioning. Functional partitioning means that
each RAC
node has a separate and specialized function and is mostly dealing with
one part
the database. That is still the best way of organizing RAC system. Also,
with
several cluster nodes, the private connection becomes crucial. With 64
nodes,
N-cube like communication structure must be in place, so that each node
is
reachable through the fixed number of hops.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA