Re: 64 Bit Linux Oracle ODBC Drivers

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:30:37 -0500

I dug into this a little deeper.  Turns out this box has an itanium core
which I'm told causes problems.  Also, there is a note out there 361676.1 --
"Is Generic Connectivity Available on The Linux or Windows 64-bit
platforms?"  That note suggest that Oracle provided libraries will not
work.

What am I missing?

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The 32 bit version should work fine against a 64 bit environment.
>

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know if there are 64 bit ODBC drivers available for heterogeneous
> > services on Linux -- Oracle Version 10.2?  I was told that they are only
> > available for 32 bit environments and that there are no plans to have
> > anything for 64 bit platforms.  Tell me it aint so!
> >
> > --
> > Rumpi Gravenstein
>

> --
> Andrew W. Kerber