Re: 32K block size tablespace for indexes

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:51:27 +0000

most likely because they read some advice on it. Note I have an opinion on
this, but this might help with the background

Pros
====
http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid41_gci1008028_mem1,00.html
http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/block_size.htm

Against
=======
http://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/larger-block-index-tablespace-and-small-index-scans-performance-improvement-let-down/
(including
related papers and blogs)

There's been a whole host of, somewhat heated, discussions on this lately on
otn.

cheers

Niall

--