Re: 32 bit asm for 64 bit db

My understanding of that section id that it is describing the cluster rather
than the client databases. We'll likely not go down this route, but it
looked like an interesting possibility.

On Mar 11, 2010 11:22 AM, "amit bansal" <amit.bansal82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well checking the *Oracle® Clusterware Installation Guide 11g Release 1
(11.1) for Linux  guide states following*
**
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b28263/prelinux.htm#BABDGCEH

2.6 Reviewing Hardware Requirements

Each system must meet the following minimum hardware requirements:
 2.6.1 Server Architecture

   -

   Select servers with the same chip architecture; running 32-bit and 64-bit
   Oracle software versions in the same cluster stack is *not supported*.
   -

   If servers run the same operating system binary, then Oracle Clusterware
   and Oracle Real Application Clusters support servers with different hardware
   in the same cluster.

Cheers
Amit

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM, amit bansal <amit.bansal82@xxxxxxxxx>