Re: 16kb limit w/ CLOB and LIKE

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:08:57 -0800 (PST)

I found in SQL Reference (10gR2) about LIKE that Oracle doesn't seem to
support CLOB when you use LIKE:

"All of the character expressions (char1, char2, and esc_char) can be of
any of the datatypes CHAR, VARCHAR2, NCHAR, or NVARCHAR2."

But I didn't find words anywhere that explicitly, clearly say LIKE and
CLOB don't go together.

Yong Huang