Re: 11i and Discoverer.....

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:47:28 -0700

Mark,

So, how can I determine if "the instance was created with an 11.5.1 Rapid
Install"??  I'm not an Oracle Apps guy at all….but I currently *am* the only
DBA in the office!  Is there some way to look at an existing installation
and determine if "Rapid Install" (whatever that is) was used to install it?

11.5.x is a complex piece of software with a lot of moving parts. Can
you run $APPL_TOP/ad/11.5.0/sql/adutconf.sql and look at the spooled
output? This will hint at where you are.

Patching in 11i is a nightmare. I would advice that you engage a
consultant to perform this one time task. Let me warn you: This is not
simple, and you will find Apps DBA consultants to be expensive.....
Browse over at OAUG.org for more details.

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc