Re: 11gr2 s/w install

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:43:46 +0100

Hi Lyall,
I imagine Grid in this case refers to Grid Infrastructure ( the software
formerly known as Clusterware, and probably shortly to be known as Cloud
Foundation Layer or some such). In this case the short answer is that you
install *and upgrade* the existing cluster. The 2 don't co-exist, but the
latter is capable of running older databases. This is covered in the docs
at docs.oracle.com (though this site breaks my mobile browser so I don't
have a direct link.