Re: 11gr2 Clusterware config (or: does anyone know what an endpoint is?)

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 16:04:54 -0600

Yeah, I did the RTFM bit on MOS, but none of it actually applied to my
situation.  The update on the SR that came in last night showed that the MOS
tech didnt really understand the doc either, so he started up an
experimental cluster and figured out the appropriate commands himself.  That
wasnt an option for me since I dont currently have a play 11g cluster up and
running.  Fyi, the scan listener prefix is typicall LISTENER and an
'endpoint' appears to be protocol: port, so to add a scan listener manually
would be:

srvctl add scan_listener -l LISTENER -p TCP:1521