11gR2 San Migration - OCR Disk Group

  • From: Jeff Thomas <dbmangler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:35:02 -0400

Running 11.2.0.2.5 RAC on Linux x86.     We are migrating to a new SAN.
With respect to the OCR diskgroup, which is defined with 3 disks with
normal redundancy,  I do know how to migrate the OCR/voting files/ASM
spfile to a new OCR diskgroup if need be.
What I wonder if anyone has migrated the OCR diskgroup by simply adding the
new disks and dropping the old ones?    Is Oracle smart enough
to copy the 3 voting files over to the new disks, so that's there no outage
whatsoever when migrating to the new SAN?

Best,
Jeff