Re: 11gR2 Rac install issue

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:44:18 +0100

Hi Martin,

that's interesting. Normally you have a 1:1 mapping between threads and instances. The mapping of thread to instance usually happens in the initialisation file (spfile), where you find something like

instance_n.thread=n i.e.

In a seven node cluster I wouldn't expect more than 7 public threads, unless there were even more nodes in the cluster which haven't been deconfigured properly. What's the output of this query?

select thread#,status,enabled,instance from v$thread;

Best regards,

On 08/09/2010 18:48, Martin Brown wrote:
I am looking around in a new install and I've noticed that the install
seems to have created too many threads and corresponding redo logs. We
use a 7-node cluster and I see 13 public threads. Is this normal? Any
ideas where to look to see what caused it if it isn't?

Martin Bach
OCM 10g