Re: 11g RedHat 5 and Hugepages? anybody successful ?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:06:28 +0100

Hi

I would.first unset all _target and max_size parameters in a pfile and use
manual memory management. Then migrate to an spfile. Then migrate to SGA and
PGA targets.

On 11 Oct 2010 19:01, "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been trying to get hugepages working on 11gR1 without success.
Has anybody been able to get this to work properly? In order to use
hugepages, you have to turn off 11g ASMM which uses the /dev/shm memory
mapping.

Hugepages are configured properly in OS, /etc/security/limits.conf
updated for hugepages.  If I attempt to set memory_target  and
memory_max_target to zero (or reset them) then I get ORA-00849
SGA_TARGET ### cannot be set to more than MEMORY_MAX_TARGET.  I am
following technote 749851.1, and even opened a support case with Oracle,
and I am not getting anywhere.

Any clues as to what I am missing?  Thanks- Jon