RE: 11g RedHat 5 and Hugepages

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora_kclosson@xxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:06:30 -0400

In my case, I am looking at a connection count of at least 5000, with an
SGA of 70gb or higher, on each node of a 6 node cluster, with each node
having 48 cpu's.  We have run into issues with MTS and will be using
dedicated connections on the DB side but the numerous app servers have
connection pooling.  The database size will be about 6 TB to start.
Preliminary testing on a small system already showed a performance gain
when using hugepages, but the test was on SUSE Linux while we are using
RedHat 5, so its not a 100% accurate comparision.

This 6 node cluster will replicate to an identical cluster with
DataGuard.

From: "dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>