Re: 11g RAC oraenv question

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:56:15 -0400

I always add the instance to the oratab file.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
"Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
03/30/2010 08:54 AM
Subject:
11g RAC oraenv question
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,

We have a database named ‘T’, with instances T1 and T2.  The default entry
in the oratab looks something like this:

T:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1:N             # line added by
Agent

. oraenv T, sets the *home* correctly, but does not set the instance.  We
have to manually export ORACLE_SID=T1.

Does anyone have a good way to overcome this?  We have some aliases set up
and I’m having a heck of a time getting them to work with this current
setup.

For example, we have an alias that does a less on the alert log, and it’s
based off the ORACLE_SID:

alert='less $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump/alert*log'

In our RAC instances, I think it will look something like this, but I’m
missing a piece, with INSTANCE_NAME being a variable I’m not sure how to
grab (multiple databases/instances on the box).

alert='less $ORACLE_BASE/diag/rdbms/$ORACLE_SID/$INSTANCE_NAME
/trace/alert*log'

Thanks- Chris