11g Patchset 1 Changes

  • From: Stuart Blackburn <sblackbu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:50:52 -0400

Just wondering if anyone knows if they've changed the way roles work in patch set 1 or this behavior is unexpected. I can't seem to find any relevant documentation on it online to see if this is expected.

11.1.0.6:
SQL> create role testrole identified by testrole;
Role created.
SQL> create user testuser identified by testuser;
User created.
SQL> grant create session to testrole;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> grant testrole to testuser;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> connect testuser/testuser;
Connected.
SQL>

11.1.0.7:
SQL> create role testrole identified by testrole;
Role created.
SQL> create user testuser identified by testuser;
User created.
SQL> grant create session to testrole;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> grant testrole to testuser;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> connect testuser/testuser;
ERROR:
ORA-01045: user TESTUSER lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied

If I create the role without a password it works though.

Thanks
Stuart