  From: LS Cheng [mailto:exriscer@xxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:31 PM
  To: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  Cc: oracle-l
  Subject: Re: 11g Archive Logs?

  Hi Robert

  By default if we dont specify log_archive_dest the archved logs goes to
$ORACLE_HOME/dbs, is that what you mean?

  Thanks

  --
  LSC

  On 8/19/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Any of you fine people install 11g yet and find that your new 11g
database
    was creating archived redo logs in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs?? I've got a
database
    that I created with the DBCA that is doing just that, and I'll be darned
if
    I can figure out why.

    RF

    Robert G. Freeman
    Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
    Principal Engineer/Team Manager
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
    Father of Five, Husband of One,
    Author of various geeky computer titles
    from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
    Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on
Amazon.com!
    BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/
    Sig V1.2