Re: 11g Active Database Duplication

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mjalsingh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:35:51 -0500

I thought the active database does NOT make a backup and push it across,
it pushed the datafiles as they are.  Hey any of you internals DBAs is
that not correct?

I've not done it between 2 different ASM groups but from what I see of
your command that should work.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Feb 12-Feb 14, 2010, Valentine's Day Weekend
in Akron, OH

From:
Manmohan Jalsingh <mjalsingh@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
12/18/2009 01:18 PM
Subject:
11g Active Database Duplication
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ,

Has anyone used this feature (in version 11.1.0.7)  successfully to clone
a database between two servers which uses different ASM
diskgroups. I am trying to create a clone using following rman script
which is failing during restore. Oracle support told
me that RMAN first creates a copy backup of the primary database on
**source server** and then transfer it to target to build the clone copy.

Is that correct? Why it needs to  create a copy on source ?

run {
DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE
TO 'DUPDB'
FROM ACTIVE DATABASE
db_file_name_convert='+DATA1/ORCL','+DATA2/DUPDB'
}

Errors during the restore -

Starting backup at 17-DEC-09
allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
channel ORA_DISK_1: SID=376 instance=orcl3 device type=DISK
channel ORA_DISK_1: starting datafile copy
input datafile file number=00007
name=+DATA1/orcl/datafile/index.500.704464441
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ORA_DISK_1 channel at 12/17/2009
12:15:47
ORA-19504: failed to create file "+data2"
channel ORA_DISK_1 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another
channel

Thanks
Manmohan.