RE: 10gR2 RAC on AIX shared disk device names issue

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <oraclelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:33:22 -0500

[ Is it possible to use shared storage with different device names during
ASM instance / Disk group creations? ]

ASM Doesn't care what the device names are or if they are even the same
across nodes. Just make sure your disk discovery string in the initASM.ora
file is one that will find the the devices you want it to use. ASM will
interogate the headers of the devices to locate the disks you have allocated
for it to use.

    -Randy

   _____