10gR2 RAC on AIX shared disk device names issue

  • From: Venkata Giri PG <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:36:42 +0000

Hi,I am in the process of setting up 2node RAC with the following
components:Oracle 10g R2 RACOracle ClusterwareAIX 5L 5.3HP StorageASMFollowing
are shared disks for storage:on Node1:/dev/rhdisk10      -- for voting
disk/dev/rhdisk11      -- for OCR/dev/rhdisk12    -- for ASM/dev/rhdisk13    --
for ASM/dev/rhdisk14    -- for ASMon Node2:/dev/rhdisk10      -- for voting
disk/dev/rhdisk11      -- for OCR/dev/rhdisk15    -- for ASM/dev/rhdisk16    --
for ASM/dev/rhdisk18    -- for ASMShared disk names are not same accross my
nodes.we have created new common device name file for non-common disks
dev/rhdisk12-14 & /dev/rhdisk15-18.new device names are : rac_dsk1, rac_dsk2,
rac_dsk3I am able to access these disks rac_dsk1-3 using dd command.But Cluster
verfication utility fails with error ERROR:  /dev/rac_dsk1 Storage operation
failed.I have used the following cluvfy command../cluvfy comp ssa -n node1,
node2 -s /dev/rac_dsk1,/dev/rac_dsk2 Are there any known issues with cluvfy? Is
it possible to use shared storage with different device names during ASM
instance / Disk group creations?ThanksVenkata Giri
Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place!
Find it!
http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01