RE: 10gR2 Performance sux!

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yoursraju007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:18:53 +0200

Hi Ray

> If I alter optimizer_features_enable to 9.0.1 at session level.
> It does get almost same explain plan and same results. But customer
> does not want to do that.

Are you aware that you can set that specific parameter by adding a hint?
I mean: /*+ optimizer_features_enable('9.0.1') */

I understand that somebody doesn't want to have the parameter changed at
session/instance level, but with the hint it's really used only for that
specific query.

HTH
Chris

PS: The performance of 10gR2 is great! That said it isn't perfect yet
;-)