Re: 10g vs 9i

  • From: "Limin Guo" <lguo.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:27:11 -0400

Ujang,

I had similar problem when upgrading application from 9.2.0.7 to
10.2.0.2last year. I discovered my problem was caused the bug 5095456
in
10.2.0.2. Oracle's workaround for the bug is to set the following parameters
to:

_gby_hash_aggregation_enabled=FALSE
_unnest_subquery=false
_complex_view_merging=false

Try them first and see how your query reacts.

Hope this helps,

Limin.

On 6/12/07, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

peter,

for the oltp users, they didn't give me an alert.
but i'm testing a report as exactly so many joins, even the latest
result comes from the result set not from table directly,,,, something
like

select * from (select .... from a,b where ... ( select .....))....

tested on 9i it tooks only 30min, but on 10g rac, till 2hours and never
end.. :(

could you point me which v$ ?

regards
ujang