RE: 10g on Linux

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:22:17 -0400

I usually wait for the 1st patchset because it, under most circumstances,
fixes horrible bugs of the first release that cause database corruption
and/or instance failure. Stability is usually good after the 1st patchset,
that is my experience. Of course, there are patchsets, like 9.2.0.5 that
mess things up a bit, probably just to bring some change into our, otherwise
very boring and predictable, lives. As I've stated earlier, I'm a definite
example of the "1st patchset bigot" and I do intend to continue being one.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA