Re: 10g RMAN backup of physical standby

Backup prod controlfile and spfile  on prod system if purpose is to tale
backups only on stdby I just finished implementing and testing restores from it

Fuad

On Jun 17, 2010, at 8:14 AM, "Daniel Fink" <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

System - Oracle 10.2.0.4 w/physical standby (log shipping, no DG broker).
The task is to implement backups of the physical standby using a recovery
catalog. The main question I have is if the backup process outlined below is
valid.
DBs - PROD (primary), STBY (physical standby), RCAT (recovery catalog)

Proposed backup process
1. Backup standby
 1.1 connect target STBY
 1.2 connect catalog RCAT
 1.3 backup STBY (this will synchronize the standby controlfile with the
recovery catalog)
 1.4 disconnect
2. Synchronize production controlfile with recovery catalog
 2.1 connect target PROD
 2.2 connect catalog RCAT
 2.3 synchronize PROD controlfile

I get the feeling I am missing something...

Any input is greatly appreciated.