        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of LS Cheng
        Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 2:13 PM
        To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

        Hi all

        I carried out first of four 10g RAC R2 with Veritas SFRAC
installation today.

        There were some network configuration problems which still need
to be issued, I am not sure if this normal configuration under Solaris
10?

        The server is a Primepower 2500 with 8 partitions where 4 RAC
will be configured.

        The 8 partitions had these names

        server1
        server2
        server8

        there is an internal network between these partitions with these
IPs

        192.168.0.1
        192.168.0.2
        192.168.0.8

        And public IP with corrsponding entries in /etc/hosts

        10.1.100.1 server1_pub
        10.1.100.2 server2_pub
        10.1.100.8 server8_pub

        I was not aware that when you ping server1 it goes to the
internal IP, 192.168.0.1, during CRS installation, in the screen where
you choose Public IP, Private IP And Virtual IP OUI chose server1
hostname for the public IP interface which was wrong, it has to use
server1_pub AFAIK

        I wonder, does RAC need primary histname for CRS? An alias would
not work?

        The installation guide states that CRS need primary hostname
when NOT used with Third Party Clusterware but since there is Veritas in
the middle I am not sure if this network configuration is "NORMAL" or
something out of order?

        Thanks

        --
        LSC

        On 11/22/06, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                I have to do 4 RAC installations with your setup
(Veritas SFRAC 4.1 & Sun Solaris 10) next 4 weeks in Fujitsu Primerpower
2500. Will let you know the experience!

                Regards

                --
                LSC

                On 11/17/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                        Hi

                        I have to perform a Oracle 10.2.0.2 RAC
Installation on Sun Solaris 10, Veritas Storage Foundation for RAC v5.0
will be used and will be installed by some Veritas guy.

                        I havent got previous experience with Veritas SF
+ RAC combination, in 10g I have used only Oracle Clusterware. I wonder
how different will this be? What should I tell the Veritas guy about the
cluster configurations I need? At Metalink there is no document about
10g, there is one when 9i was released which I am reading it right now.

                        TiA!

                        Alex