Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:11:35 +0100

Hi Alex

I think services he means those you see in gv$services, dba_services

On 12/2/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you only need to operate instances. db resource should be
automatically up and down. Btw, I fail to understand why they invented
this db resource - the only purpose I can see - assisting notification
mechanisms. Or they tried to model group of resources with that? If
anyone has better idea - please share.

Services - maybe it has to do with service_names init.ora parameters?

On 12/1/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fairlie
> How about the database resources such as
> db
> inst1
> inst2
> database services
> Should I put those as OFFLINE using crsctl?
> I also having a bad time with database services, it turned out that when
> Veritas stops the database with srvctl it stops everything related to
> database (as expected) such as db, inst1, inst2 and all database
> and when it starts the database it starts all except the services,
> again since srvctl start database does NOT start the database services.
> asked the Veritas guy to add another srvctl command (srvctl start
service )
> he told me that is not possible?!?!?!
> Alex

Best regards,