Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:11:35 +0100

Hi Alex

I think services he means those you see in gv$services, dba_services

On 12/2/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you only need to operate instances. db resource should be
automatically up and down. Btw, I fail to understand why they invented
this db resource - the only purpose I can see - assisting notification
mechanisms. Or they tried to model group of resources with that? If
anyone has better idea - please share.

Services - maybe it has to do with service_names init.ora parameters?

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group