Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:22:00 +0100

Hi All

I installed this week RAC on Veritas SFRAC.

Had a problem though.In preinstallation I forgot to copy SFRAC library!
Skiped this step

cp /opt/VRTSvcs/rac/lib/libskgxn2_64.so /opt/ORCLcluster/lib/libskgxn2.so

What is that library for? I made a symbolic link afterwards to
$ORA_CRS_HOME/lib, is that enough?

Another question is should I make these CRS Resources

NAME=ora.rac1020.db
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on rac1

NAME=ora.rac1020.rac10201.inst
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on rac1

NAME=ora.rac1020.rac10202.inst
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=OFFLINE

From TARGET=ONLINE to OFFLINE so when the server reboots CRS wont attempt to
start them? So Veritas Cluster will do it? I got this information from
Metalink Note 332257.1, where it says

4. Can Oracle Clusterware be configured to not auto-start some Oracle resources

TIA

Alex

at node boot time?

On 11/17/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I have to perform a Oracle 10.2.0.2 RAC Installation on Sun Solaris 10,
Veritas Storage Foundation for RAC v5.0 will be used and will be installed
by some Veritas guy.

I havent got previous experience with Veritas SF + RAC combination, in 10g
I have used only Oracle Clusterware. I wonder how different will this be?
What should I tell the Veritas guy about the cluster configurations I need?
At Metalink there is no document about 10g, there is one when 9i was
released which I am reading it right now.

TiA!

Alex