RE: 10g RAC Install with Raw Devices

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcarlson@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:18:55 -0700

Check the ownership on your raw devices. In order for the install to
work ownership must be oracle:oinstall, or oracle:dba if you haven't
created the oinstall group. If it is root:root then the installer will
fail. I believe that is the error I saw prior to realizing the correct
setting of ownership.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center