Re: 10g RAC - Cluster Ready Services

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:32:27 -0000

> CRS cannot use ASM. For the CRS cluster registry and voting disk, you
> need a shared raw disk, a shared logical volume (third-party), or a
> cluster file system like OCFS (Oracle Cluster File System) which is open
> source for Linux and also available for Windows.

I'm having exactly same problem here, I'm implementing a low-end RAC
solution on a JBOD array and as I just found out from installation docs,
that it's not supported to have CRS files on Solaris volume manager

IIRC, Oracle will support CRS on ASM or some kind of Oracle-level software
mirroring of CRS registry/voting disk in 10gR2.