Re: 10g Performance: its crawling

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoursraju007@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:07:42 -0800

MVR,

The issue we all forget is this: The "Wait Interface" records the last
_instrumented_ *wait* event. The process has then moved on to executing in
the CPU. However, since there is not "Waiting for CPU" event (and this is
not necessarily a "wait" event!!), what you need to do is to look at the
"SESSION_STATE" column, and you _will_ see "ON CPU" for this event. What it
means is that you most probably had the execution of a multi-level nested
loop and all the blocks required was fully in memory, and the last I/O
performed was for the index block you mentioned. You should be able to
determine the SQL from AWR using the SQLID for that event. The execution
plan has changed after the upgrade - so do you have the old plan?

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **